Spelenium Unicore 8,5 mm rope - 200 m
Low stretch rope (type B) perfectly adapted to caving. Its ease of use comes from its thin diameter and remarkable suppleness characteristic of a type B rope. The UNICORE process which permanently bonds the sheath to the core prevents any slippage of one over the other. Should the sheath get torn due to abrasion, it still remains glued to the core without any slippage. This allows the user to escape either on his way up or down.
The key points of the Spelenium 8.5mm UNICORE are:
- Soft to the touch and extreme suppleness for a type B rope.
- Ease of use even for light users.
- Enhanced safety as a result of the UNICORE process.
- Easy to prepare - cutting to length using a simple blade without any heat required to anneal the end is now made possible thanks to the UNICORE process.
- Reduction of shrinkage in water by more than 50 %.
- Type EN 1891 B.
- Breaking load: 2000 kN.
- Breaking load wirh figure-8 knot: 1250 daN.
- Number of falls (factor 1): 7 under 80 kg.
- Impact force factor 0,3: 4,0 kN.
- Elongation 50/150 kg: 4,8 %.
- Sheath slippage: 0 %..
- Sheath percentage: 42 %.
- Shrinkage: 1 %.
- Weight per metre: 49 g.
- Length: 200 m.