Rando 8 mm - 48 m
At just 37 grams per metre, it takes up little room, but it takes the impact!
On snowfields and steep passages, during mountain walking or skiing, its properties ensure your security.
Uses : High level walking and glacier crossing.
ATTENTION : Used singly, climbing & mountaineering forbidden.
Easy snow routes, glacier travel, ski-touring. A snow route is called easy if it has no difficult passages such as the crossing of a bergschrund, requiring a belay. It will be possible to progress with any type of dynamic rope:
- One strand of single rope.
- One strand of double rope.
- One strand of twin rope.
The roping of the party is practised in different ways. BEALs choice is to use one strand of twin rope. In order to make the dynamic results for this rope more realistic BEAL has decided to indicate the performance more closely related to this use than a twin rope tested on two strands. That is with a fall limited to factor 0.8, but with 80 kg on one strand, and the impact force measured with the same parameters. Even though we forbid the use of Rando rope on one strand for climbing and mountaineering, these two activities are nevertheless practicable if you use 2 strands of Rando rope.
- Number of bobbins 32.
- BEAL Guaranteed Impact force 8,5 kN (with 80 kg, 2 strands, fatc 1.77), 4,2 kN (with 80 kg, 1 strand fact 0.8).
- BEAL Guaranteed number of falls 12 (with 80 kg, 2 strands, fatc 1.77), 5 (with 80 kg, 1 strand fact 0.8).
- Sheath slippage 0 mm.
- Weight per metre 37 g.
- Markings each 12 metres to assist tieing-in.
- Length: 48 m.