Chamonix - Zermatt hiking
Chamonix-Zermatt via the footpaths is now considered to be one of the most beautiful treks in the Alps. Less wellknown than the glacial High-level Route, the hiking trail from Mont Blanc to the Matterhorn takes walkers through forests and meadows, past turquoise lakes, over dramatic high passes, and through unspoilt, traditional villages.
The first ever guidebook to Chamonix-Zermatt via the footpaths includes:
- 14 clearly described stages,
- 3 combinations to suit different time constraints (14, 10 or 7 days),
- Photo-diagrams illustrating and explaining the route to be followed,
- Panoramic photos naming the main summits and passes,
- Practical information and advice on preparing your trek,
- Bilingual French/GB.English.
- JM Editions, François-Eric Cormier, 196 full-colour pages, 2011. Format: 12,5 x 17,5 cm.