The Pirana descender offers multiple braking options and can be installed on the rope without removing it from the harness. Designed for use with canyoning descent techniques.
- Three different braking positions to select from before beginning a descent.
- Two supplementary braking spurs allow friction to be varied during descent.
- A carabiner with a cross section of 12 mm (e.g. ATTACHE) provides a tight fit in the small hole, creating a «rigid» carabiner / descender unit.
- Stays securely attached to the harness during rope insertion, to help prevent loss.
- Reduces the risk of leverage on the carabiner gate due to poor positioning.
- When used correctly, the PIRANA prevents the formation of a lark's head hitch around the body and reduces kinks in the rope, without decreasing braking friction.
- For use with single ropes between 8 and 13 mm in diameter. Can be used on double ropes, but certain braking positions may not be usable depending on the ropes' diameter.
- For use with a locking carabiner having a 12 mm cross section (ATTACHE or WILLIAM).
- Weight: 90 g.
- 3-year guarantee.